December 22, 2014 – weekly land trust news
As we approach the heart of the holidays, below are some of the latest news and more that may be of some interest.
However, first: On Friday, December 19th, President Obama signed into law the one-year extension for a host of tax deductions including the enhanced conservation easement incentive. This means that anyone who donates an easement before December 31st, 2014, will potentially be eligible for this substantial tax incentive.
In the upcoming 114th Congress, there will be another coordinated effort by LTA and the nonprofit sector to get the easement incentive made permanent. We’ll keep you updated on the latest.
Grants, deadlines, and timely opportunities
- Save the date: COLT January Board meeting in Astoria, on January 29th and 30th (Thurs and Fri)
- Senator Wyden announced his upcoming series of town halls for the first week of January:
- January 2nd: Bend
- January 3rd: Clackamas and Portland
- January 4th: Salem and Beaverton
- January 5th: Philomath and Eugene
- See the times and schedules here.
- OWEB’s Focus Investment priorities update:
- Save the date: 2015 Salmon Recovery Conference, May 27-29, in Vancouver, WA
Land trust news around the state
- Wild Rivers Land Trust is hiring for their Executive Director:
Misc. news and information