January 26, 2015 – weekly land trust news
Please find below some of the news that came across our radar screen this week.
I’ve decided to continue to include previous deadlines and other time-sensitive information, to help facilitate our communications through this email group. New items will be marked as NEW. Some other items (job listings, interesting news bits and resources) will also carry over for a week or two. Hope that may be of some help.
Upcoming grants, deadlines, and events
- Tuesday and Wednesday, January 27th and 28th: OWEB board meeting in Astoria
- Agenda for the two-day meeting
- Thursday and Friday, January 29th and 30th: COLT board meeting in Astoria
- February 2nd is World Wetlands Day. Check out some of the events The Wetlands Conservancy is hosting throughout the month of February here. NEW
- Tuesday February 3rd from 6-9pm: Free Family Farm Succession Program, with East Multnomah and Clackamas SWCDs.
- Thursday February 5th from 6:30 – 8pm: Barry Lopez will join Oregon Humanities Think & Drink program. Information and tickets here.
- NRCS’s Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) due by February 24th. NEW
- “CIG enables NRCS to work with other public and private entities to accelerate technology transfer and adoption of promising technologies and approaches to address some of the Nation’s most pressing natural resource concerns.”
- 2015 Land Camp registration is now open! Register now, as the limited spaces will fill up fast.
- April 20th or 21st: OWEB will accept Restoration and Technical Assistance applications are due.
Oregon Land trust news from this past week
Misc. news and information