January 5, 2015 – weekly land trust news
Happy New Year everyone!
Please find below some of the news that came across our radar screen this week.
The awaited State of the Lands report celebrating the collective impact and stories of Oregon’s land trust community is nearly complete!! We’d like to invite you to come to by our office here in Portland on Thursday, January 22nd from 5-7pm (511 SE Morrison St.) We’ll be “releasing” the report with the help of some tasty beverages and snacks, and would love to celebrate these accomplishments with you that evening. More information forthcoming.
We’d also like to thank all of our generous donors in the land trust community who contributed to the Coalition of Oregon Land Trusts in 2014. Your support, given in so many ways, means so much to COLT. Through your support, we are able to continue to offer our services to our members across the state. Thank you!!!
Grants, deadlines, and timely opportunities
- Senator Wyden’s town hall meeting TODAY in Eugene is at 2pm.
- COLT’s State of the Lands report release celebration: Thursday January 22nd from 5-7pm here at our office!
- COLT Board meeting set for Thurs January 29th and Friday January 30th in Astoria
- We will send out the agenda later this week
- Friday will most likely be a half day in the morning, affording everyone ample time to travel back home that day.
- OWEB meeting agenda for their Tuesday January 27th and Wed 28th board meeting in Astoria can be found here.
- Staff reports related to the agenda, when issued, will be posted here.
- Much of the meeting on Tuesday the 27th will center around the board’s priorities for their Focus Investment Program.
- RFP’s for NFWF’s Five Star and Urban Waters Restoration Grant program are due by February 3rd.
- The program focuses on the stewardship and restoration of coastal, wetland and riparian ecosystems across the country
- The request for proposals can be found here.
- Oregon Legislature’s Regular Session begins in earnest on February 2nd, 2015 and will run until July 11th.
Land trust news around the state
Misc. news and information