COLT’s weekly land trust news
June 30th, 2015
A couple of things first off in this day-late weekly news email:
Both Senators are holding town halls this week:
Sen. Wyden’s upcoming town halls:
- July 2nd, 12pm at the Mitchell Community Hall (Mitchell, Wheeler County)
- July 2nd, 4pm at the Grant County Regional Airport (John Day)
- July 3rd, 2pm at the Josephy Center for Arts and Culture (Joseph)
In addition, Sen. Wyden is holding a series of seven meetings visiting Oregon’s Seven Wonders starting this week to promote Oregon tourism and the recreation economy.
Sen. Merkley’s upcoming town halls:
- July 2nd, 11am at the Adrian Schools Cafeteria (Malheur County Town Hall)
- July 2nd, 1:30pm at the VFW Hall in Huntington, OR (Baker County Town Hall)
- July 2nd, 7pm at the Harney County Senior and Community Service Center (Harney County Town Hall)
Regional Conservation Meetings this Summer
As I mentioned last week‘s email, a series of regional conservation meetings around the state begin next week. This is in partnership with the Network of Oregon Watershed Councils and the Oregon Association of Conservation Districts.
Check-out the flyer for the meetings, each of which will run from 10:30am-3pm, which lunch included. Please mark your calendars. The meetings will be held on:
- July 7th: Pendleton – Blue Mountain Community College
- 2411 NW Carden Ave, Pendleton, OR 97801
- July 8th: Burns – Harney County Community Center
- 484 N Broadway Ave Burns, OR
- July 14th: Portland – Monarch Hotel
- 12566 SE 93rd Ave, Clackamas, OR 97015
- July 22nd: Medford – Inn at the Commons
- 200 N Riverside Ave, Medford, OR 97501
- August 6th: Corvallis – La Sells Stewart Center
- 875 SW 26th St, Corvallis, OR 97333
- August 25th: Tillamook – Tillamook Community College
- 4301 3rd St, Tillamook, OR 97141
More information can be found here.
Finally, if you haven’t RSVP’d already, please let me know if you are planning on coming to COLT’s upcoming board meeting at Wallowa Lake next week. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
Wishing everyone a great week,