March 23, 2015 – weekly land trust news
Hopefully everyone’s seen COLT’s most recent newsletter. Lots of things to celebrate and share in this month’s edition. (If you aren’t signed up to receive it, you can do so here.)
Two quick things of note:
- We now have a webpage dedicated to the bills COLT is tracking during this legislative session in Oregon.
- We’ll keep it updated throughout this session
- We have also begun to upload these Monday news mailings on our website as well.
- If you have seen something in past mailings but can’t find it, you can try searching on our website to find it.
- This also means these Monday mailings will be more simple, as you can always look back on previous emails stored on the website.
I have also slightly reorganized this Monday mailing, creating a separate section for webinars and conferences.
Upcoming grants, deadlines, and events
- April 13th – 15th: 2015 Land Camp at the Menucha Resort and Conference Center
- Biannual land trust conference for Oregon, Washington, and now Idaho.
- Overnight registrations are full, but day registrations may still be open.
- Contact Heidi for more information
- April 15th: Spring COLT board meeting at Menucha
- We will hold our April board meeting the last day of Land Camp. More information shortly
- April 20th or 21st: OWEB’s Restoration and Technical Assistance applications are due, depending on your region.
- April 21-22: Land Trust Advocacy Day in Washington, DC NEW
- May 1st: Intermountain West Joint Venture Capacity Grants Program proposals due
- North American Wetlands Conservation Act (NAWCA) grants due July 7th
- July 9th and 10th: Summer COLT board meeting at Wallowa Lake.
- Make your reservations soon!! – contact me if you DID NOT receive my email with accommodation information sent to the COLT board, and would like to attend the meeting.
- More information to come about the meeting
Oregon Land trust news from this past week NEW
Upcoming webinars and conferences
Misc. news and information