This morning, Kelley Beamer
(Executive Director for COLT
), Joe Moll
of the McKenzie River Trust
, Michael Pope
of the Greenbelt Land Trust
, among other conservation district and watershed council partners, provided public testimony before the Joint Ways and Means Subcommittee on Natural Resources
in support of OWEB’s 2015-17 budget
. We are grateful to have such strong land trust presence, and the valuable role our member organizations play to support SWCDs and watershed councils around the state were a theme in much of the testimony.
A copy of the joint statement submitted by COLT, the Network of Oregon Watershed Councils, and the Oregon Association of Conservation Districts can be found here. OWEB’s budget will voted on by the subcommittee later in the session. The OWEB Director, Meta Loftsgaarden, expressed her gratitude for all of those who commented in support of their proposed budget.
Other than this, below are the weekly news and information that came across our desk for you.
Upcoming grants, deadlines, and events
- OWEB will hold a one-day board meeting on March 18th in Salem. The agenda will include Focused Investment Partnerships Priorities and some other business.
- Upcoming town hall meetings with Senator Wyden NEW
- March 13th: Umatilla (10:30am) and La Grande (5pm) – info
- March 14th: Baker City (10am) and Ontario (3:30pm) – info
- March 19th 1-2:30pm: FREE webinar: Online Fundraising Best Practices for Nonprofits
- April 1st: registration ends for this year’s CONNECT 2015 conference
- The conference is on April 22nd – 24th in Welches
- April 13th – 15th: 2015 Land Camp at the Menucha Resort and Conference Center
- Biannual land trust conference for Oregon, Washington, and now Idaho.
- Overnight registrations are full, but day registrations may still be open. NEW
- Contact Heidi for more information
- April 15th: Spring COLT board meeting at Menucha NEW
- We will hold our April board meeting the last day of Land Camp. More information shortly
- April 20th or 21st: OWEB’s Restoration and Technical Assistance applications are due, depending on your region.
- April 20th and 21st: 2015 Oregon Nonprofit Leaders Conference in Medford
- Scholarships due on March 18th; early bird registration ends on March 27th
- May 11th and 12th: 2015 Northwest Community Forest Forum at the World Forestry Center in Portland
- North American Wetlands Conservation Act (NAWCA) grants due July 7th
- July 9th and 10th: Summer COLT board meeting at Wallowa Lake NEW