We submitted testimony for climate action now
The Oregon Legislative short session kicked off on Monday and things are moving quickly. As you know, there is a climate bill moving forward, SB 1530, that includes a 25% dedication of carbon proceeds for natural and working lands. COLT’s GR Committee voted today to support the bill and submit testimony into the record, aligning with our approved policy priorities.
What YOU can do:
- There is a public hearing on the bill tomorrow, February 11 at 10AM in the capitol, Hearing Room C. The Senate Natural Resource committee is expected to vote on SB 1530 next Tuesday.
- We need help building a public record in support of the bill. You can submit testimony until 5pm on Tuesday, February 11.
- Please consider sending an independent letter from you/your organization.
- Ask your community members, board members and partners to weigh in. Here’s a sample template, if it’s helpful.
- Send testimony to: senr.exhibits@
oregonlegislature.gov and cc your local legislators. Find your legislators HERE
Thanks everyone and please give me a call if you have any questions or if I can help in any way!